Did you know?
Clickers go mobile
You can now use your Personal Electronic Device instead of buying a Clicker. Visit the clicker site here.
clickers at UNCW Bookstore
The UNCW Campus Book Store now has clickers for sale. Call (910) 962-3188, or email email@example.com for more information.
To help facilitate teaching and learning at UNCW, many of the classrooms are designated as smart classrooms. Each room includes:
- Computer Station
- Media Player (DVD)
- Projection Screen
TelePresence & Distance Education Classrooms
ITS offers the facilities, equipment and technical assistance for:
- Academic, administrative and special request video conferencing and collaboration technology support
- TelePresence and mobile/desktop videoconferencing support
- Lecture capture and live or on-demand streaming media support
UNCW Alert Intercoms in the Classrooms
The vast majority of classrooms at UNCW are equipped with intercoms for both emergency notification and AV assistance. Please note:
- Pushing the "Campus Police" button is analogous to calling 911. Misuse falls under the same laws as abuse of 911, and legal action may be taken.
- The "AV HELP" button (on most units) is for AV tech support only. This button should be used only for issues that directly impact classroom instruction. For other technology issues, contact the Technology Assistance Center.
Student Response System "Clickers"
A Clicker is a device that can integrate into a PowerPoint presentation and allow students to participate by submitting responses to questions and viewing immediate feedback. In turn, the presenter can engage students, assess learning, gather data and enhance the presentation.