Mermaids: Girls Only Ages 5-7
Must at least be enrolled in Kindergarten for fall and turn 5 by June 1st
Calling all bathing beauties! Trade-in your legs for a tail fin and join us for a week of girl power exploring coastal habitats, discovering plants and animals that live in them, and searching for any signs of human impact. Investigate some of the environmental issues that bring mermaids to tears. Learn all about the legend of the mermaid and the lore of the manatee.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling station, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium; featured marine organism is the manatee
- Each day observe marine organisms up close and personal; learn how to identify dolphins and manatees; conduct hands-on science experiments comparing adaptations of land animals to marine; go seining and dip netting; hunt for mermaids' purses; enjoy story-time featuring Mermaid legends and lore; make arts & crafts - including a mermaid necklace; visit Watson the whale.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Friday pick-up/final presentation at 11:30 a.m.
Staff / Student Ratio:
UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear Early College
|Summer 2017 Dates:||
June 19-23, July 10-14, July 24-28
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest