MarineQuest Main Line
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Sea Squirts: Ages 5-6
Must at least be enrolled in Kindergarten for fall and turn 5 by June 1st
Your little squirts will enjoy our fun-filled camp for budding scientists interested in the field of “ickyology”, better known as invertebrate zoology. They’ll explore different marine habitats, discover some of the shelly, fishy, crusty, squishy and scummy critters that live there, and learn about environmental issues that are impacting them - including the invasion of sea squirts!
Field excursions include:
- Exploration of the beach, marsh, fouling station, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium.
- Each day begins with a special read-aloud "ickyology" book; observe marine organisms up close; conduct hands-on science experiments; go seining and dip netting; enjoy a boat float through the marsh; play educational field games & crafts.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
8 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Pick up on Friday is at 11:30 a.m.
Staff / Child Ratio:
UNCW Campus - drop off Isaac Bear parking lot
|Summer 2015 Dates:||
Session 1: June 22 - 26 Slots Filling Fast!
Session 2: July 6 - 10
Session 3: July 20 - 24
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest