DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM APPLICATION INFORMATION:
To apply for the Disney College Program, go online at www.disneycollegeprogram.com and click on Apply Now in the top right corner. You must be a registered student at the time of application. Applications are open through October 15, 2014, for the Spring & Spring Advantage programs.
Applications for the Management Internships close September 11th.
Applications for Professional Internships close September 25th.
Resources for Applicants:
- On the right, you’ll notice some “questions of confusion” which are some frequently asked questions from candidates.A Recruiter may host a live tweet chat to answer questions. Students can still click on the hashtag and read the questions and answers.
Campus Recruitment Office –
Campus Recruitment Inbox – email@example.com
Contact Disney directly for questions regarding the Disnely College Program and be sure to check out their FAQ section. Contact Disney
Accepted Disney Applicants Returning to UNCW:
- Feel free to contact the Career Center at 910-962-3174 to meet with a Career Counselor to talk about things you need to do before heading down to Disney.
- Be sure to communicate with your academic advisor about potential credits and registering for classes while at Disney. The Career Center cannot assist with academic advising.
- If you are graduating and not returning to UNCW after completing the Disney College Program, there are no forms for you to complete.
Disney College Program
As a Disney College Program participant, you'll become part of the magic that is known worldwide. You'll get valuable, on-the-job experience in our parks and resorts, and expand your knowledge in a classroom with international students. Discover new worlds and create long-lasting memories. Because here, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will change your life forever.
Students are eligible to take courses during their internship experience. These courses are free with the possibility of transfer credit. Credit does depend on the academic program at UNCW. For specific information on the Learning components of Disney, please visit their site at http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/program-components/learning/. Scroll down the page to find the link to view their course syllabi. View Disney College Program course information for UNCW
Important Information for UNCW Students
If you are accepted into the Disney College Program, there will be an orientation / send off meeting to go over details about what you need to do before heading to Disney.
- If you are returning to UNCW the semester following your internship, you must complete the Transient Study Form for the Registrar's Office. See Transient Study Form instructions. This will allow you to keep your UNCW email address active, get your PIN from your academic advisor so you can register for classes, and inform Financial Aid that you are still a student so you don't have to start paying back your loans.
- If you are currently registered for UNCW classes during the semester you will be at Disney, you will need to drop those classes since you won't be on campus. You are, however, able to sign up for online classes during your Disney internship. If you sign up for online classes, you will still be billed for tuition and fees.
- Disney courses are free and you have the possibility of receiving transfer credit. You must complete the ACE Transcript request after you complete your Disney experience. For details, see ACE Transcript Instructions.
- If you are living on campus, you must meet with Housing and Residence Life.
- Be sure your academic advisor knows you will be out for the semester for the Disney internship program. You will want to get your PIN so you can register for classes.
- Check out the Disney College Program Checklist
If you have more questions or concerns about the Disney College Program, please contact Diane Sledden Reed in the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-962-3174. If you have academic questions, you must contact your academic advisor.