- Students with Disabilities
- Students of Color
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Students
- International Students
Job Posting Web sites
- eSight – The cross-disability online community addressing disability employment issues. Job search and networking forums are a part of this website.
- The National Business and Disability Council – A resource for employers seeking to integrate people with disabilities into the workplace and companies seeking to reach them in the consumer marketplace. Job post board and other resources available.
- The Employer Assistance and Recruiting Network (EARN)– Job posts and other resources.
- Federal Jobs Net– Information and employment opportunities within the federal government for people with disabilities.
- Career Opportunities for Students With Disabilities (COSD) - Features online Career Gateway job lisitings, plus annual networking and education summit.
Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
- Booz Allen Hamilton– Supports college students with disabilities through paid summer internships and leadership development opportunities
- EntryPoint!– Offering outstanding internship opportunities for students with disabilities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business.
- Microsoft-AAPD Federal IT Internship Program- Internship program designed specifically for college and university students with disabilities interested in careers in information technology.
- Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation– AAPD Congressional Internship Program - Provide an opportunity for students with disabilities to work on Capitol Hill for eight (8) weeks and acquire valuable work experience that will enrich their academic studies. As congressional interns, participants gain insight into congressional office operations, public policy development, and constituents’ roles in the legislative and political processes.
- The Washington Center– The Washington Center is working to help students develop leadership skills and gain valuable work experience in government, business and the non-profit sector in Washington, DC. The Washington Center Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is funded by the AT&T Foundation and HSC Foundation. These awards provide housing assistance in varying amounts (up to a full housing scholarship) to competitively selected students who self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Priority consideration is given to undergraduate students; however, Postgraduate Program applicants may be considered.
- Workforce Recruitment Program- A resource for federal agencies and private businesses nationwide to identify qualified temporary and permanent employees from a variety of fields.
- The University of Tennessee “Elements of the Disclosure Process” worksheet– This activity is designed to help you understand the thought process needed when deciding whether or not to disclose your disability to an employer.
- Article:“Disability Disclosure, To Tell or Not to Tell”– by Sandy Lovejoy
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- Resources for Employment Programs, Job Accommodations, and Laws and Regulations Regarding Individuals with Disabilities US Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Job Accommodation Network
- Bilingual Diversity.com- Job Board connecting employers with Diverse Career seekers including people of Color, Women, people of with disabilities and diversity in general
- Diversity, Inc– Offering career & employment resources along with job post board
- DiversityWorking– Diversity jobsite
- IMDiversity– Search jobs, post resumes, and get career advice
- Top Multicultural Companies(QuintCareers)
- Multicultural Advantage– Search for grant, scholarship, fellowship, job opportunities, and career advice
- Minority Professional Network– Job search resources and job postings
- WorkplaceDiversity.com- Job search site
- UNCW's Multicultural Affairs Office
- African American National Black Business Trade Association– Search for black-owned businesses and organizations
- The Black Collegian– Career planning and job search along with employer profiles
- Black Career Women– Created to support black women in the workforce, and offers assistance with job search and other career issues
- Black Enterprise– Job search and career advice
- Urban National League– Site with information and resources regarding job training, civic engagement and leadership
- HBCU Career Center– Job listing and resources specifically for African American students and graduates, from companies and organizations that recruit HBCU talent.
- Upperman African American Cultural Center - UNCW's center for Black students
- AsiaMedia– Resource to seek out Asian-friendly organizations and jobs
- Asian American Economic Development Enterprises, Inc.– To create business and personal growth for Asian Americans and others through education, employment and enterprise
- National Association of Asian American Professionals– Serves to build business and social contacts through networking opportunities for Asian-Americans. Job search and links to local chapters as well.
- MindExchange– List of Asian organizations
- UNCW's Asian Student Association
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement– Post your resume, search for jobs, and find out about conferences
- Saludos Hispanos– Hispanic employment service promoting workforce diversity.
- LatPro.com– Job opportunities, scholarships, fellowships, and internships as well as general information concerning Hispanic organizations.
- iHispano.com– Job listings by employers actively seeking Latino/Hispanic candidates. A forum to post resumes as well.
- UNCW's Centro Hispano
Career Planning & Other Resources
- Univ of Penn Career Planning and Job Search Guide
- Financial Planning
- LGBTStudents of Color
- UNCW's LGBTQIA Resource Center
Job Posting & Networking Websites
Internship Leads & Opportunities
Company and Employer Research &Domestic Partner Benefits
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)- Information on resources, diversity initiatives, and corporate polices and practices
- Tgender.net– a list of Fortune 500 Companies that have formally stated they will not discriminate against transgendered or gender variant people
- HRCPartner Benefits
LGBT Professional Associations
- HRC LGBTStudent and Professional Associations
- National Gay &Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Gay & Lesbian Small Business Resources
- Lesbian and Gay Veterinary Medical Association
- National Consortium of Directors LGBT Resources in Higher Education
- National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals
- Out in Television and Film
- Publishing Triangle– association of lesbians and gay men in publishing
- Resources for Transgender Workers
- Resources for Employers
- Other Trans Resource Links
- Center of Gender Sanity
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC)– Information on federal laws relating to adoption, hate crimes, custody visitation laws, and more relating to the GLBT population
- Lambda Legal- National LGBT civil rights organization; web site includes information about workplace discrimination cases.
- University of Pennsylvania– Employers Hiring Foreign Nationals
- Kelley School of Business, Undergraduate Career Services, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana– Companies that hire international students
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Employment and Training Administration (ETA)- DOL Foreign Labor Certification (FLC) data identifies U.S. employers who completed FLC requests, thereby indicating an interest in hiring foreign workers. The Access database includes organization name, city, state, job title, salary, etc.
- H1 Visa Jobs Sponsors
- UNCW's Office of International Programs