News & Upcoming Events
- Please visit our STEM Conferences site for information about the January 8th & 9th, 2015 Leadership Summit and Conference!
- Southeast Regional Science & Engineering Fair will be held Saturday February 7th, 2015! See our Science Fair page for more information!
- Wilmington Regional Science Olympiad will be held on Saturday March 7th, 2015!
Impacts of the center
- Hosted 25 professional development (PD) programs and outreach activities and served 518 participants, totaling 5,875 of contact hours of instruction, with most awarded licensure renewal or graduate credit hours.
- Technology materials have been loaned to 87 unique teachers and 448 total teachers, impacting the education of about 13,187 students.
- Has developed and integrated a new database of TLP materials and posted to our webpage; additional grants have been written to further expand the contents of the TLP; and borrowers are more quickly returning for TLP items after initial checkout and experience.
- Complete list of the center's impacts (PDF)
The Center for Education in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (CESTEM)
As a unit of the University of North Carolina Wilmington, assists in fulfilling the University's mission to encourage public access to its educational programs and its commitment to regional service.
CESTEM shares the mission of NC-MSEN (Mathematics and Science Education Network) to improve the quality of pre-college science and mathematics education in the schools of North Carolina through programs designed for in-service and pre-service teachers, as well as students.
Campus map highlighting visitor parking and the Natural Sciences Building. We are located in Room 1026.