- Fall 2015 Seminar Schedule
- Paulo and Antje Almeida have been awarded an NSF grant Project Title: Cholesterol-Phospholipid Interactions in Membranes
- Tom Coombs has been awarded an NSF grant Project Title: Catalytic Methods for the Enantioselective Synthesis of Enolizable Alpha-Amino and Alpha-Azido Aldehydes and Novel Applications Thereof
- Jeremy Morgan has been awarded an NIH grant. Project Title: Enantioselective Synthesis of Nitrogen-Containing Small Molecules
- MACRL Group Awarded Major NSF Grant
- Important Curriculum Changes
- Brooks Avery Receives Distinguised Faculty Scholar Award
- Robert Kieber Receives Fulbright Award
Find Us on Facebook!
Find out what our
graduates are doing . .
Lacie Smith .find out more
Neil Williams find out more
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of North Carolina Wilmington has established a tradition of excellence in undergraduate and masters level graduate education. Our top notch faculty combine award winning classroom instruction with cutting-edge, student-centered research to provide an ideal environment for training tomorrow's scientists, physicians and teachers. In addition to our traditional Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science (ACS Certified) and Masters of Science degrees, we offer innovative online Masters degrees.
On-line Masters Degree
Our Distance Program has been amended to make it particulary suitable for those with an interest in education, business, or clinical sciences.
Scholarships for Chemistry Majors
The department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, through the generosity of our donors, is pleased to offer scholarships to a select group of our majors. A listing of scholarships and an application can be found on our scholarship website.
Help with Courses and Careers
Chemistry Career Network
A service that puts students in touch with potential employers in the area.