Office: 227 Dobo [map]
Voice: (910) 962-2429
FAX: (910) 962-3013
- B.S., Chemistry,West Virginia University
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill (Advisor: J.P.Morken)
- NIH Post-Doctoral Fellow and Overman Group Coordinator, The University of California at Irvine (Advisor: L. E. Overman)
Professional History: Vitae
Research in my group is focused in the area of organic reaction development. New transition metal-catalyzed and organocatalytic methods for the synthesis of chiral, non-racemic organic molecules are being developed. Projects generally involve catalyst design and development, efforts to understanding the reaction mechanism, and application in bioactive natural product total synthesis.
Representative Grants, Fellowships and Awards:
- American Chemical Society, Petroleum Research Fund, $50,000, 2011-2013.
- Cahill Research Award (UNCW), $3,000, 2011.
- Cahill Research Award (UNCW), $3,000, 2009.
- UNCW Center for Marine Science Pilot Project w/Ralph Mead, $34,364, 2008-2009.
- Cottrell College Science Award (Research Corporation #7330), $45,000, 2008-2009.
- UNCW Summer Research Initiative, $3,500, 2008.
- Cahill Research Award (UNCW), $3,000, 2008.
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NIH #GM073312-01), $88,044, 2005-2007.