summer 2016 Deadline:
Dr. Remonda Kleinberg, PhD, LLM
Elizabeth (Eilish) Nolen
Gabrielle (Gabby) Vianna
- STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (pdf.)
- SUMMER 2016 SCHEDULE
- Be sure to like our Facebook Page!
- ADR Center of Wilmington
- Association for Conflict Resolution Career Center
- Conflict Resolution Information Source
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network
- Peace and Justice Studies Association Job Listings
- American Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Section
- Careers with the New York State Dispute Resolution Association, Inc.
Conflict Management and Resolution
The Department of Public and International Affairs offers a semi-distance, multi-disciplinary graduate program in Conflict Management and Resolution (CMR) for professionals, practitioners and students who wish to gain a greater understanding of conflict in both domestic and international settings.
Both the Master of Arts and the Post-Baccalaureate certificate programs are designed to provide core knowledge, skills, and abilities through a set of modules focused on the theoretical and applied approaches to conflict management. Students will acquire the tools to respond to a broad spectrum of scenarios including interpersonal conflict, third-party facilitation and mediation, and larger group conflict.
The objective of the program is to give graduates the skill set to manage conflict in diverse domestic and international environments. In order to better address the various career goals of our students, the M.A. and the Graduate certificate in conflict management and resolution offer two tracks: domestic and international.
"The peak efficiency of knowledge and strategy is to make conflict unnecessary."
- The Conversation titled "Universities need to manage hate speech, not stifle freedom of expression" and "Deepening inequality is the high price students will pay for free education" Articles by CMR's Visiting Scholar, Lyn Snodgrass, PhD, Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Political and Conflict Studies at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, NMMU, Port Elizabeth, SA.