Advising sessions for pre-registration are generally as follows.
- Spring pre-registration: late October
- Summer and Fall pre-registration: end of March - early April
Students will be notified by e-mail with the exact dates of pre-registration. Materials for their advising session will be provided in that e-mail. Advisors will post sign up sheets with slots for open advising sessions two weeks prior to pre-registration. Students will be required to sign up for an advising time with their assigned advisor. Students will also be required to bring a printed out copy of their degree audit. The degree audit will tell you who your advisor is in case you do not know.
Please follow these directions to retrieve your degree audit;
- www.uncw.edu --> Current Students --> SeaNet
- Secure Log-In --> Student Services --> Student Records --> Degree Audit --> Submit Audit
- Choose “List All Requirements.” Do NOT choose incomplete requirements only or
complete requirements only
- Run Audit --> View Submitted Audits
- Choose most recent audit
- View Printer Friendly Audit
General Questions You’ll be Asked at Each Session
- When are you planning to graduate? (Have you filled out an application?)
- Do you have a sense of what you want to do next after graduation?
- Do the courses you plan to take this semester and future semesters address your personal (who do I want to be) and professional (what do I want to do) goals?
- What else are you involved in to make your college experience all it can be at UNCW?
Topics You May Want to Ask Your Advisor About
International/Study Abroad Experiences
Clubs and Organizations
Minors that fit well with COM
Directed Individual Studies
Honors work in COM
Plans for after graduation