- Graduation Application & Deadlines
- Fall 2012 Commencement (videos)
If you have questions about commencement, contact the
Office of Transition Programs
The University of North Carolina Wilmington marks its highest achievement – the graduation of students from bachelor, master or doctoral degree programs – with commencement ceremonies in Trask Coliseum. More than 2,000 students from the Class of 2013 will participate in four ceremonies May 10-11.
The class includes many outstanding students, such as:
- Keenan Withers, recipient of a Fulbright Scholarship;
- Dana Cronkhite, recipient of the 2013 Toby Brown Award from the National Association of Social Workers North Carolina Chapter;
- Sammy Pisano, an Upperman Scholar, former Student Government Association (SGA) president and current senior class president;
- Keith Frasier, current SGA president;
- Michelle Becker, the first student to earn a Master of Education in Higher Education from UNCW;
- Matthew Birk, a Hollings Scholarship recipient who participated in a marine science research internship through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA);
- and Keith Rendleman, First Team, All-Conference, Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) in basketball.
The ceremonies serve as an opportunity for the campus community to celebrate students’ accomplishments while honoring the contributions and support of their families and friends. Commencement also recognizes the dedication and service of the faculty and staff who inspire and encourage UNCW students to excel during the journey of learning.
Send congratulatory messages to the Class of 2013 via Twitter using hashtag #UNCW2013.