Designing Accessible Courses
The following video: Keeping Accessibility In Mind , has been made available through WebAIM (Web Accessibility In Mind). After viewing the video, UNCW faculty and staff will have a better understanding of how people with disabilities use the web, the frustrations they feel when they cannot access the web, and what faculty and staff can do to make thier sites more accessible.
To better assist UNCW faculty in their efforts to create universally accessible courses and course content, the Disability Resource Center offers a growing list of online brochures such as Keys to Accessibility and a Web Accessibility Checklist. We welcome you to print and make copies as necessary.
- Keys To Accessibility - Programs and Events (PDF)
- Keys To Accessibility - Web Design (PDF)
- Web Accessibility Checklist (Excel format) (PDF)
- Web Accessibility Checklist (Word format) (PDF)
Visit the Faculty Room at http://www.washington.edu/doit/Faculty/ [Sponsored by DO-IT at the University of Washington] Includes comprehensive information on topics such as:
- Academic accommodations
- Universal design of Instruction
- Equal access to computer technology and the Web
- Rights and Responsibilities of students with disabilities and faculty
The NACADA Ensuring Web Accessibility presentation can be found HERE