Did You Know?
- Studies have indicated that being involved on campus has been found to be a strong predictor of student academic persistence and success.
- Students’ involvement in campus activities may help increase:
- Academic persistence
- Grade point average
- Graduation rates
Why Get Involved?
- Getting involved will:
- Build Leadership Skills
- Add to your Resume'
- Contribute to cognitive and intellectual development
- Increase self-confidence
- Improve ability to relate to others
- Increase your satisfaction with college
- Build teamwork, decision making and planning skills
- Increase feelings of wellness
- Reduce stress levels
How to Get Involved?
- Review the student organization directory
- Attend a meeting or e-mail the president of the organization(s) that interests you.
- Drop a note in the organization's mailbox. All mailboxes are located in the Involvement Center (FSC 2029).
- Visit the Campus Activities & Involvement Center website
- Visit the Campus Activities Events Calendar frequently for upcoming events.
- Attend the Involvement Carnival held at the beginning of each fall semester. To be added to the mailing list for future notifications, send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.