The Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences at the University of North Carolina Wilmington houses a diverse faculty of teachers and scholars whose expertise and research programs span the social, physical, and biological sciences. Our educational programs emphasize experiential, field-based, active learning and we strive to provide all students with opportunities to participate in research through internships, independent study, honors theses, and applied learning courses. Our degree programs prepare the student for advanced studies or for teaching, research and technical careers.
We offer the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in geography
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in geology
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in geosciences
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in oceanography
- Master of Science (M.S.) in geoscience
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science
Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Department Office - DL 102
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5944
Tel: 910 962-3490
Fax: 910 962-7077
The Department is located in DeLoach Hall -- find us on this interactive campus map.