LED 211 seats are available for the Fall 2016 semester. Priority admission is given on a first come, first serve basis to students who declare the LED minor. Others will still receive consideration. Follow the What to Do & What to Know section on this page.
Friday Annex 124
Department of Educational Leadership
Watson College of Education
University of North Carolina
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5980
Welcome to the Leadership Studies Minor Website
Effective leadership is vital to growth and success in a democratic society. The minor in Leadership Studies is a multi-disciplinary program that focuses on the study of leadership from various perspectives and contexts. It is designed to provide you with learning opportunities to develop your leadership potential.
You experience the challenges and consequences of leading through classroom participation and collaborative projects that emphasize structured self-growth. Personal challenge exercises, and community service projects add to the number of leadership challenge selections at your disposal. Whatever options you choose, you will find that the goal is to keep learning about yourself...and about others...who lead.
Leadership development opportunities include:
- Understanding leadership theory and practice from multidimensional perspectives
- Engagement in leadership experiences and challenges in a variety of contexts
- Understanding the consequences of leadership decisions
- Participation that emphasizes structured self-growth through personal challenge exercises
What To Do & What To Know
- Read this LED website and if you are interested in enrolling in LED 211 and/or declaring the LED minor please complete the LED Student Information Form and email to DocNott at email@example.com or drop off a hard copy outside of her FA 124 office. Doc Nott will email you after a review of the information.
- Declare the LED minor at the Registrar’s Office in James Hall as soon as possible, sometime in the next two semesters.
- Permission to enroll in LED 211 may or may not be given for a particular semester.
- LED core courses are not offered during the summer.
- LED 211, LED 311, and LED 411 cannot be taken in the same semester.
" The goal of the core leadership courses is for you to learn more about others who lead and about yourself." -Doc Nott