Students in need of travel funding support may enter their requests at http://tinyurl.com/studentfunds. Applications will be accepted on a continuing basis until funds are depleted for the year.
Congratulations to Salena Rabidoux for receiving the 2014 Robert Tyndall Service Award.
Dr. Marta Sánchez has been awarded a Charles L. Cahill Award for Faculty Research and Development in the amount of $2,844.00. These funds will be used for a project entitled, “Exploring perspectives on learning and parent involvement among Mexican immigrant parents of K-3 children in the New Latino South”
The Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations and Secondary Education prepares educators/professionals for leadership positions in instructional technology and secondary education. Our commitment is to the development of highly competent professionals to serve in educational leadership roles.
There are seven major programs of the department:
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology
- Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Master of Education with Specialization in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Undergraduate Licensure in Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Master of Education with Specialization in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Add-on Licensure in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Add-on Licensure in Teaching English as a Second Language
Our secondary education program has strong alliances with the College of Arts and Sciences in the related secondary subject matters of mathematics, science, English, social sciences, foreign languages, physical education/health and music. In addition, our MIT program has strong ties with Computer Science, Computer Science and Information Systems and Communication Studies. Each allied department has a role in providing content related courses and program guidance.
The ITFSE department continuously accepts inquiries regarding part-time teaching positions. If you believe your academic preparation and teaching experience would enhance either of the programs in our department, please submit a letter of inquiry and CV to Donyell Roseboro at firstname.lastname@example.org