Welcome new MAT students!
MAT alumnus Jennifer Stacks attends the Watson alumni lunch
MAT alumnus Kiarra Wigfall speaks with Dean Teitelbaum at the Watson alumni luncheon.
Congratulations to Linda Register on her well deserved Kudos award!
The Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations and Secondary Education prepares educators/professionals for leadership positions in instructional technology and secondary education. Our commitment is to the development of highly competent professionals to serve in educational leadership roles.
There are 9 major programs and 3 affiliated programs of the department:
- Undergraduate Licensure in Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Add-on Licensure in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Add-on Licensure in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Educational Studies Minor
- Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Master of Arts in Teaching with Specialization in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Master of Education with Specialization in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Master of Education with Specialization in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Master of Education with Specialization in Spanish
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology
Our secondary education program has strong alliances with the College of Arts and Sciences in the related secondary subject matters of mathematics, science, English, social sciences, foreign languages, physical education/health and music. In addition, our MIT program has strong ties with Computer Science, Computer Science and Information Systems and Communication Studies. Each allied department has a role in providing content related courses and program guidance.
The ITFSE department continuously accepts inquiries regarding part-time teaching positions. If you believe your academic preparation and teaching experience would enhance either of the programs in our department, please submit a letter of inquiry and CV to Donyell Roseboro at firstname.lastname@example.org