Students in need of travel funding support may enter their requests at http://tinyurl.com/studentfunds. Applications will be accepted on a continuing basis until funds are depleted for the year.
2014 University Faculty Award Recipients
Dr. Eleni Pappamihiel received the Distinguished Scholarly Engagement and Public Service Award; Ms. Salena Rabidoux received the Excellence in e-Learning award
The Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations and Secondary Education prepares educators/professionals for leadership positions in instructional technology and secondary education. Our commitment is to the development of highly competent professionals to serve in educational leadership roles.
There are seven major programs of the department:
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology
- Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Master of Education with Specialization in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Undergraduate Licensure in Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Master of Education with Specialization in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Add-on Licensure in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Add-on Licensure in Teaching English as a Second Language
Our secondary education program has strong alliances with the College of Arts and Sciences in the related secondary subject matters of mathematics, science, English, social sciences, foreign languages, physical education/health and music. In addition, our MIT program has strong ties with Computer Science, Computer Science and Information Systems and Communication Studies. Each allied department has a role in providing content related courses and program guidance.
The ITFSE department continuously accepts inquiries regarding part-time teaching positions. If you believe your academic preparation and teaching experience would enhance either of the programs in our department, please submit a letter of inquiry and CV to Donyell Roseboro at firstname.lastname@example.org