Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations, and Secondary Education
Watson College of Education
University of North Carolina
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5980
The Department of Instructional Technology, Foundations and Secondary Education prepares educators/professionals for leadership positions in instructional technology and secondary education. Our commitment is to the development of highly competent professionals to serve in educational leadership roles.
There are six major programs of the department:
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology
- Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Master of Education with Specialization in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Undergraduate Licensure in Secondary Education (English, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science)
- Add-on Licensure in Academically or Intellectually Gifted
- Add-on Licensure in Teaching English as a Second Language
Our secondary education program has strong alliances with the College of Arts and Sciences in the related secondary subject matters of mathematics, science, English, social sciences, foreign languages, physical education/health and music. In addition, our MIT program has strong ties with Computer Science, Computer Science and Information Systems and Communication Studies. Each allied department has a role in providing content related courses and program guidance.