- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree with major appropriate to proposed area of teaching licensure.
- Have undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on 4.0 scale in major, or 2.7 on 4.0 scale cumulative GPA.
- Earn passing score on Praxis I (reading, writing, math).
- Provide evidence of at least 3 years successful work experience (military included).
- Demonstrate commitment to students, their families and communities, and the teaching profession.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Agree to participate in all program activities.
- Possess no criminal record.
- Commit to a “Statement of Intent to Teach” in one of the participating school systems for a minimum of 3 years.