Welcome to NC Teach II
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The NC TEACH II program at UNCW is no longer accepting applications for new participants. If you are interested in a post-baccalaureate plan of study leading to teaching certification/license (via UNCW’s Watson School of Education), please visit http://www.uncw.edu/ed/degree_lic.html.
The NC Teach program is a teacher preparation program designed to enable mid-career professionals to become educators through an alternative pathway to licensure.
NC Teach II Unique Features
- Mentoring Features
How Have Mentors Made the Difference
- Recruiting mid-career individuals as potential candidates in high-need licensure areas.
- Partnering with school systems needing highly qualified teachers.
- Offering alternative instructional models for meeting licensure requirements via on-line, on-site, and campus-based venues.
- Focusing on mentoring and on-going assistance and support throughout the learning process.
- Promoting professional practices that are proven to enhance teacher retention.
- Providing a stipend scholarship to help with the cost of tuition and related expenses, and use of a laptop computer.*
*Students are required to sign an "Intent to Teach" form and maintain employment as a teacher in one of the participating school systems in southeastern North Carolina for a minimum of three years in order to qualify for the grant and incentives.