The WCE produces several publications and guides. Learn more about Watson Publications >
Learn about the Watson College of Education's history and it's future.Learn more About Watson >
RESEARCH & HIGHLIGHTS
Keep up to date with the exciting things our faculty and staff are doing.Visit our Research & Highlights page >
Recent News & Events
#TeachingMatters: PDS National Teacher Appreciation Day Initiative
#TeachingMatters was a Watson College of Education Professional Development System (PDS) initiative for National Teacher Appreciation Day. This Twitter campaign was an opportunity to spread awareness about “why teaching matters” in an effort to encourage young people and career changers to consider teaching as a profession.
On Tuesday, May 3, UNCW students, faculty and staff, along with our school and community partners, were encouraged to post 10-second videos or written messages to a common Twitter hashtag explaining why teaching matters and, ultimately, thanking a teacher for National Teacher Appreciation Day!
Twitter posts used the hashtags:
Watson College of Education Announces 2016 Razor Walker Award Winners
Each year, the Watson College of Education presents the Razor Walker Awards to individuals whose vision, tenacity, courage and sacrifice have made a difference in the lives of young people. The awards, named in recognition of the “razor’s edge” that recipients walk to support education and youth, have been presented to advocates from education, government, business and community organizations since 1993. The Razor Walker Award ceremony was was April 18 at 6:30pm in the Burney Center. Read more >
Archived Series Presentations
- What Works >
- Meet the Community Non-Profits >
- Outreach Spring Conference Series >
- Brown Bag Series >
- WCE Speaker Series >
- Internationalizing Education Conference >
- WCE Receives Outstanding Reaccreditation Report
- UNCW earns Carnegie Community Engagement classification
- WCE Alumni Honored as Principals of the Year
- WCE Alumni Honored as NHCS Educators of the Year
- CESTEM's 1st Annual K-12 STEM Education Conference was a success. WECT and PortCityDaily.com covered the event.
- Featured on WHQR: Wilmington Math Teacher Implements Classcraft, An Educational Role-Playing Computer Game
- ‘Stopping the School to Prison Pipeline’ Event Draws Standing-Room-Only Crowd at UNCW
- Dr. Mahnaz Moallem serves as the lead PI on a $300,000 grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Two WCE Department of ITFSE Professors Receive Grants
- Dr. Candace Thompson: UNCW Convocation 2014 Keynote Speech
- UNCW's Watson College of Education Proposal Wins $50,000!
- N.C. teachers & parents see legislative changes as harmful, survey finds
- WCE Hosts Legislative Forum
- PDS University-School Partnership Agreement Signing
View photos of the ceremony > or Read the WECT article >
- WCE Alumni & Partnership Teachers Receive Awards
- CESTEM Gets the Grants!
- Students Graduate from the Youthbuild Program at UNCW
- Duplin County Pilots Self-Mentoring Program in District
- ELMS hosts "Response to Instruction and English Language Learners: National, State and Local Issues"
- Portrait Unveiling of Dr. Cathy Barlow