There are lots of resources open to SNCAE members! Don't forget to get in touch with the UniServ or local NCAE chapters in your area. If you don't know how to find other chapters or a UniServ, simply contact the state office at 1-800-662-7924.
- For information on money-saving member
benefits from discounts to insurance to magazine subscriptions to credit
card discounts to... and so on :-) call 1-800-637-4636
- For access to one
of the most extensive educational research and library departments in
the nation, call 1-800-229-4200For an online community that has information
on every aspect of teaching, go to http://www.owl.org (you'll need your
membership card number for full access).
- For information on how to get involved with
the national program, go to http://www.NEA.org, and click on the "Future
- To get a workshop for your chapter, just call 1-800-662-7924. These workshops are FREE for SNCAE chapters. Some common workshops that NCAE does include: Understanding State and Federal Reforms in Education, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Praxis Test info, Diversity in the Classroom, How to Survive the First Years of Teaching, Classroom Management, and many more! Also, the staff at NCAE can work with you to develop a workshop specific for your needs.
General Resources for Future Teachers
- Department of Education
- No Child Left Behind Act (ESEA)
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education
- OESELinks to legislation, regulation, policy, etc., for the No Child Left Behind Act:
- Find your Member of Congress:
- Learn about Title II
- Read the secretary's report on teacher quality
- Read Grover Whitehurst's speech on preparingteachers
- Learn about the FMF project (teachers traveling the world)