Teacher Education Council serves as a liaison between the Watson College of Education and the departments which recommend graduates for certification; advises the dean of the Watson College of Education on matters dealing with teacher education programs.
Considers and makes recommendations on, prior to implementation, all proposals regarding policies, requirements, and guidelines which alter the general operations of teacher education programs; participates in all reviews of teacher education programs by external agencies and receives copies of resulting reports; functions as an appeal board for decisions (except for grades) affecting student standing in teacher education programs.
Members of the Teacher Education Council are appointed each year by the Chancellor.
- Deborah Bowen (Social Work)
- Lisa Buchanan (EEMLS)
- Edward Caropreso (ITFSEC)
- Dan Johnson (Music)
- Katherine Montwieler (English)
- Ginger Rhodes (Math & Stats)
- Kelli Slaten (Math & Stats)
- Allison Toney (Math & Stats) -(Student Representative)
- James McAdams, Principal (Public School Admin)
- Caroline Courter (Public School Teacher)
- Susan Catapano
- Kathy Fox
- Donyell Roseboro
- Carol McNulty
- Kenneth Teitelbaum