Teacher Education Council serves as a liaison between the Watson College of Education and the departments which recommend graduates for certification; advises the dean of the Watson College of Education on matters dealing with teacher education programs.
Considers and makes recommendations on, prior to implementation, all proposals regarding policies, requirements, and guidelines which alter the general operations of teacher education programs; participates in all reviews of teacher education programs by external agencies and receives copies of resulting reports; functions as an appeal board for decisions (except for grades) affecting student standing in teacher education programs.
Members of the Teacher Education Council are appointed each year by the Chancellor.
- Deborah Bowen - Social Work
- Dan Johnson - Music
- Katherine Montwieler - English
- Salena Rabidoux - Watson College of Education
- Ginger Rhodes - Math and Statistics
- Kelli Slaten - Math & Statistics
- Jean Swafford - EEMLS
- Allison Toney - Math & Statistics
- Jordan Stone - Student Representative, Graduate Student
- Tim Dominowski - Public School Administrator, Murrayville Elementary
- Nuhn Johnson - Public School Teacher, Holly Shelter Middle
- Susan Catapano
- Vance Durrington
- Tracy Hargrove
- Carol McNulty
- Ken Teitelbaum