Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid is located in the Warwick Center.
UNCW Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
601 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5951
UNCW School Code:
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) and the Career Center offer employment services to students in Federal Work Study and Work Assist positions.
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- FWS provides part-time employment for undergraduate and graduate students who have established financial need through the submission of the FAFSA.
- Earnings are not applied to your account. You receive a paycheck on the 15th of each month for the hours worked the previous month.
- You may not earn more than your awarded amount for work-study.
- Positions are available on and off campus. Off-campus positions are within non-profit organizations in the local community. While the pay rate is considerably more for community service positions, you must have your own transportation to the job site.
- If you are eligible, and funds are available, FWS will be included in your financial aid award. If you are not initially awarded FWS, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be placed on the FWS waitlist.
- Explore available student employment opportunities for FWS and non-need based positions at Seawork.
- Since FWS is a need-based, federally aid program with limited funds, not all students will receive an award. Many departments hire students under the work assist program and financial need is not a consideration.