Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid is located in the Warwick Center.
UNCW Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
601 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5951
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) and the Career Center offer employment services to students in Federal Work Study and Work Assist positions.
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- FWS program provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students who have established financial need through the submission of the FAFSA.
- Earnings are not applied to students' accounts. Students receive a paycheck (typically direct deposited) the 15th of each month for the hours worked the previous month.
- Students may not earn more than the amount of their work-study award.
- UNCW is also committed to the America Reads/America Counts Program and offers students paid opportunities to tutor elementary and middle school children in reading and math.
- For more information on the Federal Work-Study Program, read the US Department of Education's Student Guide.
- Since FWS is a need-based, federally funded program, not all students will qualify. Many departments hire students under the work assist program and financial need is not a consideration.
- For more information on work assist positions, please view UNCW's Seawork page.