Information to Applicants Using Gmail
Gmail may send email correspondence from UNCW directly to a spam folder. Gmail users should check their spam folder regularly AND use the directions below to create a Gmail filter.
To create a filter:
- Click Create a filter (next to the Search the Web button at the top of any Gmail page).
- Enter your filter criteria in the appropriate field(s). You will want to make sure to enter "uncw.edu"in the "from" field.
- Click Test Search to see which messages currently in Gmail match your filter terms. You can update your criteria and run another test search, or click Next Step.
- Select one or more actions from the list. Make sure the "Never send it to spam" box is checked.
- If you'd like to apply this filter to messages already in Gmail, select the Also apply filter to x conversations below checkbox.
- Click Create Filter.