A maximum of six semester hours of graduate credit may be transferred from another accredited institution in partial fulfillment of the total hours required for any graduate degree.

When special circumstances warrant, students may petition the Graduate School for transfer of more than six semester hours. Each such petition must be accompanied by a statement of endorsement from the appropriate dean.

Grades earned on transferred work must be equivalent to B or better. The courses must have been taken within the allowed time limits for the degree.

To have transfer credit awarded the Graduate School must:

  1. Receive official transcript(s) showing the satisfactory completion of transfer courses, and
  2. Receive a transfer credit form.
Submitting Transcripts
Submit Paper Transcripts to:

UNCW Graduate School

601 S. College Rd.

Wilmington, NC 28403-5955

Electronic password protected transcripts may be sent directly from the institution to:
Transfer Credit Request Forms
Form Description
Transient Study (PDF) This form is for the request and approval of transfer credit prior to taking the transfer course(s). Mainly for students who need or are eligible for financial aid.
Transfer Credit (PDF) This form is required for all students that have completed their transfer courses and are requesting to transfer the credit to their graduate student record.
Transient and transfer credit forms should be sent to the Graduate School.

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  D. Childers [ childersd AT uncw DOT edu ]