Dr. Bryan Myers
Master of Arts (MA) in
Goal of Program:
The Department of Psychlogy offers three concentrations, one general and two clinical. Each concentration emphasizes the scientific methods and principles common to all fields of psychology. All students participate in supervised research, and a thesis is required.
- Psychology is unique because it is simultaneously a basic and applied science, a major health profession and one of the traditional liberal arts majors. The department's mission emphasizes a synergistic relationship among the traditional goals of teaching, scholarship and service.
- The specific goals of the program are to emphasize the scientific methods and principles common to all fields of psychology.
- A degree inpsychology is not required in order to apply for admission into the UNCW Psychology Graduate Program.
- The General Psychology concentration graduates are not eligible to practice psychology but frequently go on for doctoral study in clinical, social, neuroscience, and other areas. Some are researchers, administrators, and level psychology instructors.
- The Substance Abuse Treatment Psychology (SATP) focuses on assessment and the use of psychotheraphy in the treatment of stuance abuse in adults.
- The Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) concentration focuses on the conceptual and methodological foundations of behavior analysis and takes a data-based approach to behavioral assessment and clinical psychology. Emphasis is placed on providing intervention services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Intended Time to Degree
Required Credit Hours
General - 33hrs
SATP - 55hrs
ABA - 53hrs
|*Note: Students must complete an approved course of study within five years of the date of their first registration for graduate study.|