GRADUATION APPLICATION VERIFICATION
At the beginning of each semester, the Graduate School will send graduation verification e-mails to those students that have applied to graduate. This e-mail will include the information that we have in the system concerning your degree, diploma name, and diploma mailing address. Please review the information in the e-mail and on this webpage carefully.
If you are planning to graduate and have not received a verification e-mail, check:
- That you have completed a graduation application in SeaNet. You should be able to view your submitted graduation application information.
- With the Graduate School to see if we have a graduation application on file.
Verification of Information
What to do if information provided in the verification e-mail is incorrect:
- Address: If your address is incorrect, please follow the steps below.
- Login to SeaNet
- Click on "Student Services & Financial Aid
- Click on "Student Records"
- Click on "View Application To Graduate"
- If you have more than one graduation application you will need to select the correct one to update.
- When the graduation application information displays, click "To Change Your Diploma Address Click Here".
- When your current diploma address is displayed, please make your updates and click submit.
- Click "Go Back"
- Click "Refresh"
- Depending on the browser you are using you may receive a popup message about resending the information, click ok/yes.
- You should see your updated diploma address displayed on the screen.
- Degree/Major/Diploma Name: If your degree, major, or diploma name is incorrect, please contact Debra Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want your name listed in the printed commencement program, please send an email to Debra Savage at email@example.com.
- The date provided in the verification e-mail is the official date of graduation as to be printed on your diploma and transcript, and may be different than the date of commencement.
Graduate students must be enrolled in the term in which they complete their graduate work or are scheduled to receive their degree.
Regardless of the course of action selected, all graduate students must either:
- be enrolled in thesis preparation courses for credit
- be enrolled in continuous registration (GRC 600)
- be enrolled in a course for credit in their program of study in the term in which they receive their degree.
Graduate students not complying with the policy stated above will be notified after the drop/add period has expired and will have 10 working days to comply with the policy or face possible dismissal from Graduate School.
More information about Commencement Participation
Degree and Diploma Information
- Only your degree will be printed on your Diploma. Your major and concentration (if applicable) will not show on the diploma.
- Degrees are not awarded immediately after the date of graduation, it takes about 30 to 45 days after graduation to clear everyone and award degrees. Once degrees are awarded diplomas will be mailed.