It's a life experience!
uncw office of
We are located in:
118 Friday Annex
Maike Walbrecht, Director
UNCW ESL Program
Office of International Programs
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403-5965
"The English as a Second Language Program at the University of North Carolina Wilmington is committed to providing support, intensive English language instruction, and various American cultural experiences to students that are learning English as a second language which will empower them to become successful students in the mainstream classroom and productive members of the community."
- New page in Arabic
- A página em português
- La página web en español
- VIDEOS: Testimonio en espanol & Información del programa
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP) Programs
ESL Quick Info Guide in:
ESL on YouTube:
- ESL Memories Spring 2010 Video by Changhee Moon (YouTube)
- Spring 2010 Mikhael Abe's speech (YouTube)
- Spring 2010 Elyse Tankoano's speech (YouTube)
- Spring 2007 Graduation Speech 1 (YouTube)
- Spring 2007 Graduation Speech 2 (YouTube)
UNCW has a Conditional Admission policy for students who want to begin an undergraduate degree program at UNCW. Students must successfully finish a minimum of one full-semester ESL Program (additional semesters may be required to reach the necessary level of English) and achieve an acceptable TOEFL score. Please contact the ESL Director to get more information about this or e-mail Maike Walbrecht.
ESL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR UPCOMING SEMESTERS:
- Details and instructions for future scholarships can be found here.
- Meet the Scholarship Recipients from past semesters!
Ms. Maike Walbrecht, Director
English As a Second Language
UNCW Office of International Programs
601 South College Road
Wilmington, North Carolina 28403-5965 USA
- Telephone: 910-962-7354
- Fax: 910-962-4053
- Email: email@example.com
For those interested in Teaching English as a Second Language, please see the programs on the Watson School of Education web page.