News & Announcements
- Echo Farms to host fundraiser for Isaac Bear
- Isaac Bear Celebrates 10 Years, Partnership with UNCW
- Isaac Bear Early College High School Recognized by the NC Department of Instruction
- Art from the Heart: An Arts Advocacy Documentary from IBEC Student Leighton Gray
- Senior Georgia Bace Supports Local Culture & Economy
- Shorebird Conversation is a Passioin for Katherine Frazier
- UNCW Academic Catalogue
- PHOTO GALLERY
- Create SeaLevel Account
- UNCW email setup
Isaac Bear Early College High School
Isaac Bear Early College High School opened in the fall of 2006 as a partnership between the North Carolina New Schools Project, New Hanover County Schools and the University of North Carolina Wilmington. As an early college high school, students participate in an accelerated high school education program which offers honors courses to prepare students for the rigor of college.
In the first two years of the program, students complete their required high school courses to prepare them to take courses at the university. In the final two years of the program, students will take courses at UNCW with the support of the staff at Isaac Bear Early College High School. Successful students will graduate from this program with a high school diploma and up to 60 college credits.
Isaac Bear Early College (IBEC) High School is a New Hanover County High School, and is neither a department nor a division of UNCW. However, New Hanover County Schools and UNCW have signed an agreement and intend to align both talent and resources as appropriate and practicable to promote the Isaac Bear mission. IBEC is located on the UNCW campus on MacMillan Avenue (campus map).