- Call Forwarding
- Call Hold
- Call Pickup (faculty/staff only)
- Call Transfer
- Call Waiting
- Distinctive Ringing
- Send Calls to VM
- Phone Types and Descriptions
- Communications Rates for Departmental Phones (PDF)
- Communications Services & Rates
UNCW Conference Calling
Call-In Conferencing for Faculty & Staff
Call-In Conferencing is a service feature that allows individuals to initiate their own dial-in conference calls.
- No Cost - This service is included as a feature of UNCW phone service.
- There can be up to 6 participants per Call-In Conference.
- The service is administered and scheduled through the campus operators.
- The service is password protected so you and your conference can be assured privacy is maintained.
- Prompts are included to guide and instruct you as to your status in the conference.
Call-In Conferencing is a service feature provided to all faculty and staff with UNCW phone service. With the Call-In Conference feature, a customer can host a dial-in conference of up to 6 participants by providing them a dial-in number and access code.
The host can utilize this service from on or off campus.
- If off campus, the host can conference up to 5 participants (whether they are on or off campus).
- If on campus, the host can conference up to 6 participants (whether they are on or off campus).
How it Works
- Dial the Call-In Conference telephone number. A recorded announcement will ask you to enter an access code. Each caller is given two opportunities to provide the correct access code before the call is dropped due to an incorrect access code.
- When the correct access code is entered, the caller is added to the conference. An entry tone is played for the caller as well as the other existing members of the conference.
- If no other parties are on the conference, an announcement tells the caller that they are the first caller to join the conference. If other parties are already on the call, an announcement tells the caller that they are joining a conference that is already in progress.
- When a party drops out of the conference, the remaining parties hear an exit tone.
How Do I Get This Service?
The Call-In Conferencing service is administered and managed by the campus operators. To initiate a service request, contact the campus operators by dialing "0" or by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Information needed to schedule this service:
- Host contact information: name, phone number and email address
- Date, start time and end time to reserve the service
Once the request has been received and scheduled, the host will receive confirmation via email with dial-in number and access code.