Creative Cloud for University-Owned Systems
Important Note: All 2015 Creative Cloud desktop apps have a minimum operating system requirement of Mac OSX 10.9 and Windows 7 64-bit, or later. For the complete system requirements for your Creative Cloud apps, be sure to click on the link and then scroll down to the Desktop applications. It is very important you check this BEFORE installing the software. You should also make sure you have enough disk/hard drive space (via the systems requirements link).
Academic Affairs purchased Creative Cloud for 25% of faculty and staff. If you need a license for instructional or business purposes, please email David Webster (email@example.com) and request a license. Please include what you will be using the products to create/teach. An assigned license will give you access to download any products you would like from the Creative Cloud offering.
Lab Computers/Student Work Stations
The Academic Affairs license will cover all computer labs and student work stations. If you need Creative Cloud for instructional purposes or have a student worker that needs the software, please send an email to TAC@uncw.edu and provide the building and room number of the lab or worstation where you would like the software installed as well as which bundle you would like installed:
|Adobe Video Bundle||Adobe Design Bundle|
|Bridge CC and Updates||Bridge CC and Updates|
|Premiere Pro||Media Encoder|
|Speed Grade||Edge Animate|
|Adobe Acrobat Pro - Separate install available by request|
Adobe Acrobat Pro for University-Owned Systems
In addition, Adobe Acrobat Pro has been purchased for all University-owned computers. This software will be available on PCs (Click on Start, All Programs, Microsoft System Center 2012, Configuration Manager, and then Software Center. You will find Acrobat Pro under Available Software or Installation Status – depending on whether it’s been installed before) as well as Macs (Click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of your Mac and Search for Self Service where you can install the software.).
Important Notes: If you use software that requires a very specific version of Adobe Acrobat, please DO NOT install this software on your own.
Installing the latest version of Acrobat Pro will uninstall all previous versions as well as Acrobat Reader (as Reader is no longer needed), and LiveCycle Designer.
Non-Creative Cloud Software
Below are the applications that are not part of UNCW’s Creative Cloud license and will need to be purchased separately:
Contribute – UNCW is moving to a new Content Management System called Cascade. If you need Contribute, please contact Tami Mansur at firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing to see if a license can be reallocated.
LiveCycle – LiveCycle was pulled out of Adobe Acrobat and became a stand-alone product several years ago. If you MUST have LiveCycle, you will need to purchase it for $299 for each perpetual license. ITS recommends creating forms in Adobe Acrobat Pro to save you from having to purchase additional software. If you wish to purchase you will need to contact CIA directly at (301)762-1051 or email@example.com.
Order Process (for Non-Creative Cloud Software)
1. Click on the product you wish to purchase from the chart above. You will be taken to the CIA vendor website to view details and pricing.
2. Using Remote Desktop allows you to connect to your university computer, and any software installed on it, from any machine off-campus as long as you have an internet connection, so purchasing the media (DVD) of the software is not necessary.
NOTE: Software licenses and media are the responsibility of the department to track, maintain and renew.
- Log in to uShop. From the Home page, select the Adobe button, which will open an Order Form (with instructions).
- Enter the Product Description, Catalog No., Quantity and Price into the appropriate fields. This information can be obtained from the chart above.
- To simplify ordering and tracking, add the name of the individual who will receive the software in the "Ship-To" field.
- If ordering multiple licenses you can add a Comment or Internal note in uShop, but you should also include the names of individuals receiving the software when your order confirmation is sent to the TAC (step 4).
- Submit the request in uShop.
4. Once you receive the license confirmation from Computer Intelligence Association (CIA), our vendor:
- Forward the confirmation PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com along with the name(s) of the individual(s) receiving the software.
- Be sure to "Receive" the product in uShop.
5. File the confirmation of purchase/license information in a safe place. It is the department's responsibility to keep track of software licensing, and this information may be needed if the computer is re-imaged or a new computer is set up. If this information is not provided, the software may not be able to be re-installed.
NOTE: If a purchase needs to be made without using uShop, please contact Purchasing at 910-962-3158.