Much of the software that you use on campus is now available remotely through TealWare. Learn more about TealWare.
Supported operating systems
Need equipment for a special event, or to travel with a laptop outside the US? You can check out laptops, projectors, and screens from us.
Hardware & Software
- Campus Computer Purchases (CPI, Recommended desktop systems, etc.)
- Personal Computer Purchases/ Student Computer Purchases (Discounts on Dell and Macintosh computers)
- Surplus Information (How to surplus or transfer a computer)
Standard Software on Faculty & Staff Computers
The following software comes pre-loaded on faculty and staff computers:
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2013 (if you don’t currently have Office 2013 and would like to upgrade, please contact the TAC to submit a ticket)
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection (antivirus)
- Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer + Flash, Shockwave and Java
Optional Software for Faculty & Staff Computers
We have license agreements for the following, which may include work-at-home rights or licenses for personal systems. Some are also available on TealWare (as noted). See each for complete details for accessing or obtaining the software:
- Adobe products
- Maple (available on TealWare)
- MATLAB (available on TealWare)
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Read&Write Gold
- SAS (available on TealWare)
- SPSS (available on TealWare)
Personal Software Purchases (home computers)
- Faculty and staff can purchase Microsoft Office and Windows at B1NAR1ES Tech Store for an amazing discount. More details here.
- You may also purchase software at an academic discount through the software retailer Journey Ed.
Gadgets and Devices
Laptop skins, iPod skins, ear buds, headphones, flash drives, laptop bags, Ethernet cables and more are available for purchase at B1NAR1ES Technology Store.