Reservations & Film Programming
If your student group, department or off-campus business or organization would like to reserve Lumina Theater for a film event, you will first need to secure Public Performance Rights for your film. Please review the Guide for Film Programmers (PDF) and the Lumina Reservation Policies to help get you started.
For rental costs associated with Lumina Theater, please reference the Lumina Theater Rental Fees (PDF).
If you would like to find a film to show and don't know where to start, please review offerings from film distibutors on Lumina Theater's List of Film Resources and Distributors.
Make a Reservation
If you are a member of a UNCW office or student organization and you are ready to make your film reservation, please submit your request through the Campus Reservation System.
If you are not associated wtih UNCW and wish to make a reservation, please contact Campus Life Reservations and provide the following information:
- Contact name and information (mailing address, phone, email)
- Name of business responsible for rental fees
- Title of the film or program
- Film Distributor or Copyright Owner providing the Public Performance Rights
- Runtime of the film in minutes
- Media formats (DVD, 35mm, CD, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.)
- Desired date, with alternates
- Start time (do not include set-up time)
- End time (do not include breakdown time)
- Admission fees, if any
- Anticipated attendance
- Number and type of microphones needed
- Number of panel tables for speakers (2 speakers per table)
- Number of skirted tables needed under the stairs in the hallway across from the Lumina Theater entrance
- Catering required or not
- Any additional needs or details
Co-Sponsor a Movie with ACE!
The Association for Campus Entertainment (ACE) Films Committee reserves a limited amount of money to co-sponsor film events with UNCW offices, departments and student organizations. If your office or organization is interested in co-sponsoring a movie with ACE, please submit a Co-Sponsorship form. A minimum of 4 weeks lead time is required for financial requests. If you need assistance in placing an order with a distributor for a film, you may need to provide ACE with at least 6 to 8 weeks of planning time.