By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
Coastal Cruisers: Ages 7-8
Must have completed first grade and turn 7 by June 1st
Take a wild ride with MarineQuest and discover the migratory species that cruise our coast. Track the movements of turtles, sharks, whales and dolphins as they travel our shores. Learn how scientists use tagging, telemetry and photo-identification to document different migratory species in our coastal waters. Experiment with ocean currents and barrier island movement. Discover why hurricanes like to travel our coastline. By the end of the week you'll be a certified Coastal Cruiser, too.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, bird sanctuary, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium and more....
- Make a map and compass; learn how to use binoculars; go snorkeling in shallow sea grass beds; go seining, dip netting and fishing; study marine organisms life cycles; study turtle nesting and sea level rise; study the impact of overfishing on shark populations; get swallowed up by a life size Right Whale!
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Friday pick-up at 12:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
Session 1: July 15 - 19
$245, before May 1; $270, after May 1
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest