Sea Safari & Sea Dawgs Employment
Instructors (2 positions)
Sea Safari and Sea Dawgs instructors will lead two different programs throughout the summer alternating weeks between these sessions. As a Sea Safari instructor you will be the safari guide for our youngest students by leading them through the different habitats of the barrier island. As a Sea Dawgs instructor you will an all boys program as you teach about the legendary sailors of the seven seas. Both programs will include field trips to the beach, marsh, fouling station, carnivorous plant bog, Center for Marine Science and NC Aquarium.
Student ages 5 - 7
- Provide “hands-on, feet-wet” instruction for campers age 5-7
- Supervise campers in classroom, in field, and during snack
- Provide first aid to campers
- Behavior management
- General clean up and maintenance of camp
- Must be able to lead and participate in outdoor learning experiences (rain or shine)
- Must have strong oral communication skills to communicate effectively with campers, parents, and staff
- Must demonstrate initiative and leadership qualities
- Must have previous experience and desire to work with young children
- Preference is for candidates who are in a degree program related to the marine sciences. Minimum requirement is one year towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of local marine habitats is a plus
- CPR/First Aid is required (must be obtained by June 14, 2014)
- Lifeguard Certification is preferred (may be obtained by June 14, 2014; MarineQuest may attempt to organize an American Red Cross class before staff training begins. Cost would be approximately $250.00. If interested in this option, please contact Janie McAuliffe); however we encourage you to pursue alternate certification options.
Terms of Employment:
- June 16 through August 8, Monday through Friday
- Training during the weeks of June 6 through June 13
- Average work week is 22.5 hours, from 7:45am-12:15pm
- Pay rate starts at $8.50/hr, dependent on qualifications
Employment is subject to a criminal and Homeland Security background check
|Sea Dawgs Website||Sea Safari Website|
To apply please visit the online application and click on "search positions" then click on "search" (leave all fields blank) then click on "MarineQuest Summer Camp Instructor/Counselor" to submit an application for the position(s) you are applying for.