Year Round Schools Intersession Camp: Grades 3 - 5
Looking for a fun and exciting way for your child to spend their time during the year-round schools fall intersession break? Why not let them spend the week with our MarineQuest staff at the UNCW Center for Marine Science? Our quality programming is fun and academically enriching, giving participants an opportunity to apply what they've learned in school in authentic, meaningful situations. Activities include laboratory experiments, field trips, arts and crafts, games, and more. Each day will have a delightfully delicious theme as we explore oceanic food chains. From microscopic plankton to giant whales we are hungry to have a chomping good time!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, research dock, Center for Marine Science, Intercoastal Waterway, and NC Aquarium.
- Each day explore a different ocean food chain with its own unique theme. Whether it is tiny plankton, fintastic fish, insatiable sharks, ravenous rays, turtle tummies, or munching mammals our daily theme is sure to fill your appetite for marine science discovery!. Learn how the different ocean creatures are linked; explore coastal habitats; conduct hands-on science experiments; pilot a real ROV; dissect a fish (and shark!), dissect simulated sea turtle stomachs; study dolphin fin identification techniques; learn how to use compound microscopes to detect harmful algal blooms; discover biomechanics; and get swallowed up by a life size Right Whale!
Program Dates and Tuition
Dates/Day of Week:
|Monday - Friday; October 14-18, 2013|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.|
|Location:||UNCW Center for Marine Science|
|Tuition:||$225 Slots Filling Fast!|
|Discounts:||None for this program|
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest