Register for Spring Break Camp
What to Bring / Wear | PDF
Confirmation Packet | PDF
Cancellation Policy -please review cancellation
Year-round Schools Intersession Camp: Grades 3 - 5
Participants must be currently enrolled in grades 3-5 at the time of the program.
Spring 2014 has been cancelled. Please refer back to this page in Fall 2014 for program offerings.
Looking for a fun and exciting way for your child to spend their time during spring break? This is their chance to join our MarineQuest staff at the UNCW Center for Marine Science for a week of Ocean Critters Exploration! Our quality programming is fun and academically enriching, giving participants an opportunity to apply what they've learned in school in authentic, meaningful situations. Our spring break camp activities include laboratory experiments, field trips, exploration, games, and more. Your child will be captivated as the MarineQuest staff transforms them into a junior scientist on a mission for sea life exploration! Whether we are flying high with the seabirds, diving deep with dolphins, tracking turtles, or finding fish…this week will surely be a splash!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, bird sanctuary, research dock, Center for Marine Science, Intracoastal Waterway, marsh, rocky outcrop, and more.
- Coastal habitat exploration, hands-on science experiments, build a working ROV, dissect a fish, participate in a real NOAA research project, listen to the ocean with hydrophones-that you build yourself, seine and dip-netting, fishing. Each day discover ways in which scientists explore the ocean and meet some cool critters along the way!
Program Dates and Tuition
Dates/Day of Week:
|TBD for Fall 2014|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.|
|Location:||UNCW Center for Marine Science|
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest