Cancellation Policy | PDF
Sea Chums: Ages 6-8
Must have completed kindergarten and turn 6 by June 1st
Hey Sea Chums - take the bait and get hooked on all things fishy!
Explore the different habitats where fish live and find out how their needs are met. Discover how the saltmarsh serves as a fish nursery and learn about life cycles. Monitor weather patterns and research how they impact seasonal fish migrations.
Investigate the differences between fresh-water and salt-water fish and learn about buoyancy. Compare boney-fish to cartilaginous fish (a big word for SHARK) in our anatomy lab. Discover the importance of yucky fish slime during a catch and release session at the dock. Learn how even a kid like you can help support sustainable fisheries.
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, fouling community, and Center for Marine Science
- Learn how to how to monitor weather patterns; go seining and dip netting in the marsh; enjoy saltwater fishing; conduct simple dissections and hands-on science experiments; study marine organisms life cycles.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
Monday - Thursday (session 1)
Monday - Friday (session 2)
|8 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
Final day pick up will be at 11:30 a.m.
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear|
Summer 2014 Dates:
Session 1: June 30 - July 3 (4 day) Registration Closed
Session 2: Aug. 4 - 8 (5 day) Registration Closed
$135 (Session 1; 4-day)
$165 (Session 2; 5-day)
You must register by 5:00pm the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest