By Phone: 910/962.3195
What to Bring / Wear | PDF
Cancellation Policy | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are not provided - bring XL twin sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Sea G.E.M.S. Jr.: Girls Only Ages 10-12
Girls Exploring Marine Science - Leadership Academy
Must have completed 4th grade and turn 10 by June 1st
Are you BFF with the Ocean? If so, join Sea G.E.M.S (Girls Exploring Marine Science) and discover how women are helping to protect the marine environment. Meet female scientists who are saving sea turtles, rescuing stranded dolphins and whales, and testing for pollutants in penguins. Learn how women's research is helping to protect corals and phytoplankton. Participate in a junior research cruise, explore scientific snorkeling, and help with an environmental service project that benefits the ocean. By week's end you will be LOL with your sea sisters.
Field excursions include:
- Boat research cruise; exploring coastal habitats; field trips to the beach; marsh; aquarium; Sea Turtle Hospital; UNCW Center for Marine Science, and other marine facilities.
- Participate in a boat based research cruise. Get real hands-on experience with some of the latest research tools such as Vernier probeware and data collectors. Go kayaking and collect samples. Develop skills and confidence in leadership roles. Sharpen your snorkeling skills while collecting scientific data. Discover the accomplishments of women in marine science. Meet and learn from inspirational female marine scientists.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday/Monday - Friday|
|Friday pick-up is at 1:00 p.m.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Scuba Diving Ratio:||1:4|
|Summer 2013 Dates:||
July 21 - 26 FULL!
|Residential students must arrive on Sunday by 3 p.m. while commuting students join the program Monday at 8 a.m.|
|Commuter Tuition:||$375 before May 1; $410 after May 1|
$650 before May 1; $685, after May 1
If you would like to pay in installments, please check out our Tuition Payment Schedule | PDF. Payment plan payments may be started online by paying deposit. Questions call 910.962.3195.
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To apply for Sea G.E.M.S. Jr., you must complete the MarineQuest Summer Program Application. See the links below to begin your application process.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the final step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest