MarineQuest Main Line
Cancellation Policy | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets. .
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• What to Bring/Wear | PDF
Sea Sports Science Olympiad: Ages 11-14
Must have completed 5th grade and turn 11 by June 1st
Spend a week diving into ocean sports and preparing for the upcoming Science Olympiad season. Snorkel, surf, kayak and boogie board your way to scientific principles that can help you successfully compete in Olympiad events such as bridges, dynamic planet, meteorology, fossils, road scholar and crave the wave. Each morning you will be out in the field using sea sports to gain information that can help you with that day's specific event. Afternoons will be devoted to building, practicing and competing. This camp is sure to be a gold medal winner!
Field excursions include:
- Going to the beach, marsh, intracoastal waterway, fouling station, coquina outcrop, and Center for Marine Science.
- kayaking in the intracoastal waterway; boogie board oceanography; shallow water snorkeling to observe coastal erosion; improve your map skills; learn how to use GPS; use weather instruments; try surfing; gain practice in at 6 science olympiad events.
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday/Monday - Friday|
|8 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Pick up/final presentation on Friday is at 12:30 p.m.
|Residential students must arrive on Sunday at 3:00 pm, while commuting students joing the program Monday at 8:00 am.|
Staff / Child Ratio:
|Location:||UNCW Campus - drop off at Isaac Bear parking lot|
|Summer 2015 Dates:||
Session 1: June 21 - 26 Registration Closed
You must register by 5:00pm the Tuesday before your program is to begin.
To complete the teacher recommendation, please have your teacher click here to submit their teacher recommendation.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the next step in the registration process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page.
• Note that prices, content, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
• Questions? Call 910.962.2640 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Website and program content © UNCW MarineQuest