The Office of the Dean of Students is committed to advocacy and education centered on student growth and self-responsibility by serving as a central resource for UNCW students, faculty and staff. Through collaboration with the university and Wilmington community, we provide assistance to members of the UNCW community by:
- Educating students about their rights and responsibilities as members of our community;
- Assisting students, faculty and staff with interpretation of campus policies, including the Code of Student Life and the Student Academic Honor Code;
- Training and educating faculty, staff and students on community standards and conflict resolution;
- Establishing grievance and conflict resolution procedures;
- Referring students to a myriad of resources to increase the likelihood of their success;
- Assisting in the coordination of 24 hour emergency and crisis response; and
- Providing resources and education for special populations including off campus and non-traditional students; graduate students; and military and veteran students.
Our goal is to foster a respectful and dynamic community that affirms the value and contributions of each individual, and which harbors and elevates democracy, civility, and diversity as paramount values.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fisher University Union, Suite 2013
(find us on the campus map)
UNCW Office of the Dean of Students
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5941
What was your favorite tradition at UNCW? Being an R.A.? Orientation Leader? Peer Mentor? Student Organization Officer? Campus Recreation employee? We hope you’ll plan to join us for Homecoming this year to relive some of your best Seahawk moments! Student Affairs is planning two reunions and we want to see you there! To register, go to www.uncw.edu/homecoming.
911 Guide (PDF)
Code of Student Life (PDF)
Substance Abuse Handbook (PDF)