The Office of the Dean of Students is committed to advocacy and education centered on student growth and self-responsibility by serving as a central resource for UNCW students, faculty and staff. Through collaboration with the university and Wilmington community, we provide assistance to members of the UNCW community by:
- Educating students about their rights and responsibilities as members of our community;
- Assisting students, faculty and staff with interpretation of campus policies, including the Code of Student Life and the Student Academic Honor Code;
- Training and educating faculty, staff and students on community standards and conflict resolution;
- Establishing grievance and conflict resolution procedures;
- Referring students to a myriad of resources to increase the likelihood of their success;
- Assisting in the coordination of 24 hour emergency and crisis response; and
- Providing resources and education for special populations including off campus and non-traditional students; graduate students; and military and veteran students.
Our goal is to foster a respectful and dynamic community that affirms the value and contributions of each individual, and which harbors and elevates democracy, civility, and diversity as paramount values.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fisher University Union, Suite 2013
(find us on the campus map)
UNCW Office of the Dean of Students
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5941
911 Guide (PDF)
Code of Student Life (PDF)
Substance Abuse Handbook (PDF)