A proctored test or exam is overseen by an impartial individual, called a proctor. Many universities require the proctoring of tests or exams to ensure the security and integrity of their material.
Proctoring services are available to active duty/reserve military personnel, military dependents, students taking classes aboard MCB Camp Lejeune or MCAS New River, DoD personnel, or other civilians with base access. Base passes will not be issued to use test proctoring services. Appropriate attire is required and must be in compliance with base regulations (external link).
Proctoring services are available for computer-based tests or exams and paper-based tests or exams only.Proctoring Services costs $25 per test (+ $3 convenience fee) for up to three hours of testing, and $15 for each additional hour. No discounts or free proctored services are available.
How Do I Sign up For Proctoring Services?
Step One - Policies:
Establish contact with the UNCW proctor by submitting the UNCW Proctor
By establishing contact with the UNCW proctor we can make sure that you have the best proctor experience possible. The UNCW testing center does not proctor all exams there are.
There are several ways to establish contact:
- acknowledge that you have read and agree to the UNCW Proctor Policies (pdf) by filling out this online form.
- Print a copy of the Proctor
Policies (pdf) and submit the signed document to the UNCW Extension Office
- in person at the John A. Lejeune Education Center, Building 825, Room 123, or
- by fax to 910.451.5457, or
- scan (or take a picture) and email it to email@example.com
- The signed polices must be on file with the UNCW Extension Office before a student can schedule an appointment.
Step Two - Appointments:
Appointments may be scheduled through UNCW's Registration and Payment website.
On UNCW's Registration and Payment website choose the "Proctor" tab. There you can select your date(s) and time(s) for your appointment(s).
- Any special testing requirements or needs must be articulated at the time of scheduling so accommodations can be made in advance.Only available dates and times will display
- Proctored exams can be scheduled in 1 hour increments. Check what your time limit is with your school/instructor and schedule accordingly.
- Not all tests or exams can be scheduled this way. If you are unable to schedule an appointment or have difficulty registering for an exam, please contact the proctor. (See contact information below)
Step Three - Payment:
Students must pay through UNCW's Registration and Payment system.
Once you are at UNCW's Registration and Payment website, just follow the instructions to pay for your test(s).
- Testing costs are $25 per test (+ $3 convenience fee) per exam/test for up to three 3 hours and $15 for each additional hours.
- Appointments will be rescheduled twice as long as a 24 hours notice has been received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 910.962.TEST (8378).
- If you have difficulties registering for an exam, please contact the proctor.(See contact information below)
- At the end print our your receipt. You will need it on your testing day to be admitted.
Step Four - Test Material:
At least five business days in advance, contact the Proctor Administrator to confirm your test material has been received at email@example.com or by phone at 910.962.TEST (8378).
Typically the proctor sends out a confirmation email to you when your testing materials have been received.
Step Five - Test Day:
Arrive 10-15 minutes early at Room 121 at the John A. Lejeune Education Center.
- Bring two photo identifications (military ID, passport, driver's license) and payment (printed receipt).
- Please review our Extension website for directions.
- Base passes will not be issued.
- Appropriate attire is required and must be in compliance with base regulations (external link).
- Make sure to review the UNCW proctor policies before arriving at your appointment.
You must notify the UNCW Extension Office at 910.962.TEST (8378) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Failure to do this may result in the student being placed on suspension and not being eligible to schedule further testing. Only two (2) reschedule is permitted per exam.
UNCW Testing Center
MCB Camp Lejeune
John A. Lejeune Education Center
Building 825 - Stone Street
Test Proctor Administrator
Heinrich Wyschka (Henry)
Testing and Technology Technician
UNCW Onslow Extension Site
Phone: 910.962.TEST (8378)
Mailing Address for Exams
(please include all the information below)
UNCW Office at CCCC
Attn: Henry Wyschka
444 Western Blvd.
Jacksonville, NC 28546