scholarship recipients 2013-2014
Jessica Willetts (Sankey L. Blanton)
Olivia Iden (Charles Long)
Michaela Bauer (Carol Thysell)
Matthew Monarca (Bookstore)
Scholarships & Awards
Several scholarships are awarded each year to Majors in Philosophy and Religion. These include:
- Carol L. Thysell Scholarship. Awarded on the basis of academic achievement to one departmental major for use in defraying academic expenses. $500 for 2014-2015. The scholarship recipient must be a Philosophy and Religion major.
- Bookstore Awards (2). Awarded on the basis of academic achievement to two departmental major to provide funds for text book purchases. $175 each for 2014-2015. The scholarship recipients must be Philosophy and Religion majors.
- Sankey L. Blanton Scholarship. Awarded to a non-traditional student in the department based on financial need, academic merit, leadership, and character. $800 for 2014-2015.
- Charles Long Scholarship. Awarded on the basis of financial need, academic achievement, leadership and character for use in defraying academic expenses. $800 for 2014-2015.
- Philosophy and Religion Scholarship. Awarded on academic achievement, leadership and character for use in defraying academic expenses. $500 for 2014-2015.
Information on the scholarships may also be found in the Undergraduate Catalog.
You may apply for any of these scholarships by following this link: https://uncw.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=715
The DUE DATE is APRIL 25th.
NOTE: The Dr. Sankey L. Blanton scholarship is based on need. Therefore, in order to be considered for these two scholarships, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more details contact the Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office in James Hall. Telephone: 962-3177. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: http://www.uncw.edu/finaid.
Giving to PAR
Please consider a donation in support of UNCW's PAR department. Your gift will help provide needed scholarship support for students. You help and generosity will allow us to continue to provide a meaningful education for Philosophy and Religion students.