Visitors are always welcome at UNCW.
A VISITOR is any person on the campus of the university who is neither a student nor a faculty/staff member.
Parking Rules and Regulations for Visitors
Anyone operating a vehicle on the UNCW campus is responsible for abiding by UNCW parking regulations. Parents or any other visitors driving on campus in a student’s vehicle must abide by the rules governing the student’s permit.
Parking spaces for visitors are outlined by teal lines and identified by appropriate signs. Visitors may park in designated visitor spaces only.
Visitors with passes may also park in many non-gated parking lots, in either white-lined or yellow-lined spaces, unless the space is otherwise reserved. Parking lots designated as 24-hour faculty/staff parking, reserved spaces and residential parking areas remain off limits.
Visitors requiring handicap accommodations must display
a state-issued handicap placard or license plate and may park in any
designated handicap spaces.
UNCW offers visitor parking in parking lot M (located just off Riegel Road and Price Drive). We encourage all visitors to begin their visit at the visitor information booth located at the entrance to Lot M so they can be informed of their parking options and, if necessary, be directed to the preferred parking area by our helpful attendant.
Directions to Parking Lot M:
- From College Road (NC 132), turn onto Hurst Drive at the traffic light to enter the UNCW campus.
- Continue on Hurst Drive to the next traffic light. Turn left onto Hamilton Drive.
- Continue on Hamilton Drive to the intersection of Riegel Road. Turn right onto Riegel Road.
- Continue on Riegel Road past the Warwick Center. After passing the Riegel Road/Price Drive intersection, turn left into the Parking Lot M entrance.
The GPS address for parking lot M is 4941 Riegel Road, Wilmington, NC.
Metered spaces are intended primarily for casual visitors rather than invited departmental guests, admissions tour visitors, etc. Faculty, staff, students and vendors may not park in metered spaces.
Metered visitor parking spaces are located in various campus locations, including:
- Bluethenthal Wildflower Preserve entrance
- Eaton Plaza
- Lot D near Randall Library
- Lot E
- Lot Q near Cultural Arts
- Lot S near the Student Recreation Center
Parking meters have a two-hour limit and will accept quarters, dimes and nickels.
Visitor Parking at the Deck
Campus visitors may park at the parking deck located at the corner of Reynolds and Cahill Drives. Visitors may park in designated visitor parking only on the main level.
|Parking Deck Rates|
|First 30 minutes||Free|
|Daily Rate||Max. $10 for 24-hour period|
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitors who intend to park on campus in areas other than the visitor parking lot, metered spaces or the parking deck will need to purchase a daily or weekly parking pass. All-day parking passes may be purchased for $5 or a weekly parking pass may be purchased for $10. Visitor parking passes may be obtained in advance at the Parking & Transportation Services Office in the Warwick Center.
Admissions Campus Tours
Admissions campus tour visitors are required to park in the designated locations indicated on the campus visit information. Parking in any other location may subject you to a parking citation.
UNCW Invited Guest Parking
Invited departmental guests must receive a parking pass from the department extending the invitation to park in any area other than visitor designated spaces. Please contact the inviting department to obtain your parking pass prior to arrival on campus.
Special Event Attendees
Additional visitor parking spaces may be designated for special events. When attending a special event on campus, please park in the area designated by the event information. If the event information does not designate a preferred parking area, please park in the visitor parking lot.
If You Receive a Parking Citation
Visitors receiving a "no decal" citation may:
- Pay the $5 daily visitor rate.
- Complete the back of the citation and sign it. Pay $5 in person at Parking & Transportation Services, or mail a check payable to UNCW to the address indicated on the citation.
- Appeals are granted only for citations written in error and must have supporting documentation. Appeals received after seven business days will not be allowed, and the full parking fine is due.
Visitor Parking Questions
Specific visitor parking questions should be directed to the Parking & Transportation Services Office at the Warwick Center.:
Phone: (910) 962-3178