The Department of Physics and Physical Oceanography provides quality programs leading to B.S. and B.A. degrees in physics, with options of General Physics, Physical Oceanography, or 3+2 Physics/Electrical Engineering Degrees. .
- Course Descriptions
- Provides descriptions and prerequisites for classes
- Course Homepages
- Links to faculty course web pages and lab handouts
- Minors in Physics
- Consider a minor in physics
- M.S. in Marine Science
- Consider physical oceanography research at the Master's level
- Sample Curricula
- Sample 3 or 4 year layout of courses for physics degrees
We offer courses from introductory physics to such topics as quantum mechanics, relativity, cosmology, nuclear physics, and physical oceanography. Once you have taken PHY 201 and PHY 202, you can explore many other areas. We welcome double majors and minors. If there is sufficient interest, we can look for ways to wet your appetite in other areas. Let us know what courses you would like to see in the future.