Dear Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni, and Friends of UNCW,
The development of a Strategic Plan is critical to the success of institutions, and certainly for institutions of higher learning.
As you explore this website, please take this time to learn about the process we are utilizing to develop UNCW’s Strategic Plan. Starting with a draft that was shared with faculty, students and staff leadership as well as the Board of Trustees, our expanded Leadership Council is now addressing questions of vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities. Seven teams are at work and as they make progress, they will be holding open forums so that the whole university can participate in the process through idea generation and vetting.
Thank you in advance for your contributions and let’s make this Strategic Plan the pathway for an even greater UNCW.
Jose V. Sartarelli
Campus-wide forums are being held as a means to communicate updates on various topics: the impact of the approved state budget, the collective effort on campus to revise and move forward with a strategic plan for the university, enrollment, recent rankings, and so forth. Check this site regularly for scheduled forums.
Current Strategic Planning Documents & Resources
- Workgroup Reports (December 2015)
- Presentation for Open Forum (October 2015)
- Presentation to Board of Trustees (July 2015)
- Presentation to Expanded Leadership Council (September 9, 2015)
- SWOT Analysis
- Template for Strategic Priorities, Goals
- Workgroup Membership
- Key Dates and Tentative Schedule of Meetings
- UNCW Mission Statements Since 2009
- UNCW Office of Institutional Research & Assessment/OIRA
- UNC Our Time, Our Future: The UNC Compact with North Carolina and Related Documents
- UNC Data Dashboard