Specialized Accreditation of Academic Programs
Fifth-Year Interim Report (Campus view only) Added May 2009
Brief timetable for UNCW's next SACS accreditation review:
- 2008-09 Fifth-Year Interim Report
- Fall 2010 Working committees formed for ten-year review
- Spring 2011 QEP topic selected
- Fall 2012 Compliance certification due; off-site review conducted
- Spring 2013 QEP due; on-site review conducted
Detailed UNCW SACS timetable (pdf)
Links to SACS publications
- Principles of Accreditation (2010 Edition) (pdf)
This is the current version of the standards with which an institution must comply in order to maintain accreditation with the Commission on Colleges.
- Quality Enhancement Plan Handbook (Released March 4, 2008) (pdf)
This document details a ten step process for developing the QEP. This handbook is now incorporated into the Handbook for Institutions Seeking Reaffirmation (pdf).
- Resource Manual (pdf)
This manual contains rationale and notes, relevant questions to guide compliance response, and sample documentation for each of the standards.
- Handbook for Institutions Seeking Reaffirmation (pdf)
This handbook describes the accreditation review process and the Quality Enhancement Plan.
Links to selected Quality Enhancement Plans
- North Carolina State University's Learning in a Technology-Rich Environment (pdf)
- University of Texas at Arlington's Active Learning (pdf)
- University of Central Florida's Information Fluency (pdf)
Executive Summaries of Quality Enhancement Plans Developed by the 2007 Reaffirmation Class (pdf)
One page summaries are provided for the QEPs of thirty-seven institutions having graduate programs.
Executive Summaries of Quality Enhancement Plans Developed by the 2008 Reaffirmation Class (pdf)
One page summaries are provided for the QEPs of thirty-five institutions having graduate programs.
Other SACS links:
NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement)
UNCW's Office of Institutional Research maintains a Web page with recent NSSE and FSSE results for UNCW.