Programs and Services
Nonprofit Trainings / Workshops
Affordable trainings and workshops are provided on the following topics. Registration fees are subsidized by grants making the trainings affordable for even the smallest nonprofit. Customized trainings for your organization can be provided on a fee-for-service basis.
- Responsible Board Governance
- Exceptional Board Governance
- Financial Accountability
- Successful Board Chair
- Leading Together (for board chair and executive director as a team)
- HR Essentials for Nonprofits
- Outcomes Measurement*
- Adaptive Leadership*
- Volunteer Management*
Existing organizations have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one coaching with a QENO Nonprofit Coach for help in such areas as leadership development, board engagement, strategic planning, team building, financial management, human resource development, program evaluation, outreach strategies, and more. Coaching is provided through various options:
- Organizations that are part of the QENO AmeriCorps VISTA project receive organizational coaching during the first year of the project.
- Organizations that attend QENO trainings are granted follow up coaching to help implement ideas learned during training.
- Coaching can also be provided on a fee-for-service basis to organizations that do not qualify for our grant-funded coaching.
AmeriCorps VISTA Project
VISTA stands for Volunteers In Service To America and is a program that seeks to create sustainable change that will bring individuals and communities out of poverty. A VISTA member builds on the organizational capacity through volunteer management and community outreach.
QENO Undergraduate and Graduate Assistants provide technical assistance to organizations in the QENO AmeriCorps VISTA project and to organizations that participate in QENO trainings to help implement tools learned in the training.
Trainings and lectures are provided to corporations on the topics of corporate responsibility, benefits of community engagement, and nonprofit boardsmanship. These services are offered on a fee-for-service basis.
Faculty and Student Engagement
QENO works with various faculty to promote community-based research, student applied learning opportunities, and volunteerism to benefit our nonprofit community.