Requesting a Transcript
There are two ways you can submit your transcript request:
Transcripts are undergoing maintenance from Friday, January 30 through Monday, February 2. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Through SeaNet: This is the recommended method for any student who attended UNCW since 1985. If you no longer have your login information, you can retrieve it from a secure ID and PIN site. After logging into SeaNet, select the “Student Services & Financial Aid” tab, then choose “Student Records” and select “Request an Official Transcript.” Making your request through SeaNet, you will have additional payment options (American Express and Discover, in addition to Visa and Mastercard) as well as the option to request express mailing of a paper transcript for an additional charge of $20 ($30 for international). Transcripts requested through SeaNet are typically processed in 48 hours, but make sure to allow for USPS mailing time. You can check on the status of your transcript request by going to the “View Status of Transcript Requests” page in SeaNet. This page shows the date your request was completed or if your request is still in process. Please note that turnaround times may increase during the end of each semester because of increased volume.
- In person: You can visit the Office of the Registrar located in James Hall. A picture ID is required. If you wish to authorize someone other than yourself to pick up a transcript during business hours, a signed note from you granting that permission must be presented and your representative must present a picture ID. If we have a copy of your signature on file from a form such as FERPA, we can use that to verify your signature. If we do not have a copy of your signature on file, please include a photocopy of your driver's license to allow us to verify your signature. In person requests are for pick-up only and processed while you wait.
All work attempted (undergraduate and graduate) is included on your transcript.
Be aware that final grades are posted on transcripts about one week after a term ends and degrees are posted about one month after a term ends. Please be sure to indicate on the request if you would like your transcript held for final grades, or the degree to be posted.
We do not accept transcript requests by fax. Handling credit card numbers is not secure and leaves us out of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance. Requests received by fax will not be processed.
Please do not mail or fax forms to our office to include with your transcripts. Students may upload the form(s) while placing orders on Transcripts on Demand.
If you do not have access to a scanner and need a paper form scanned, you may come to the Office of the Registrar, where we have a scanner available for you to scan documents to be uploaded to Transcripts on Demand.
If you attended UNCW prior to 1985, and not since then, you will not be able to sign into SeaNet. However, you may submit your request directly with Transcripts-on-Demand and still request overnight mailing, as described above. You will be asked to complete a consent form and fax or email it to Transcripts-on-Demand, which might add a day or two to the request turnaround time. This is only requested when you initially set up your account or when information on our account changes.
If you have ever attended UNCW, you do not need to request a UNCW transcript if you are applying for a UNCW graduate program. UNCW's Graduate School will be responsible for obtaining that academic record (at no cost to you), including any transfer work reflected on your UNCW transcript. However, you are required to submit official transcripts from any institution not reflected on your UNCW transcript or any institution attended after UNCW. In the case that you do request your official transcript from UNCW, your money will not be refunded.
View your SeaNet transcript.
We can provide official transcripts in these formats:
- Electronic (secure PDF) format delivered to any email address or to any school on the eScrip-Safe Network. We can produce PDF transcripts faster than paper transcripts and sending a PDF transcript eliminates mailing time. (Check the list to see if your recipient is a PDF receiver.) Please note that we cannot produce PDF transcripts for students who attended prior to 1985.
- Paper format printed on security paper. These will be sealed and have the University Registrar’s signature.
- Unofficial Transcripts are available at no cost through SeaNet. Please see above under “Request Options” for information on logging in to SeaNet. After logging in, select the “Student Services & Financial Aid” tab, then choose “Student Records” and select “View Unofficial Transcript.” This transcript may be printed but is still considered unofficial.
All payments must be in US dollars. The University cannot accept foreign currency or checks.
The charge for each transcript is $8.00. Additional charges apply for express mailing ($20 within the USA; $30 for international), as described above.
- If requesting through Transcripts-on-Demand, payment options include VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
- If picking up in person, payment options include cash, check or money order (made payable to UNCW), debit, VISA, MasterCard, or Seahawk Buck$ on your UNCW ID card.
Other Important Information
Common Application Transcript Requests: UNCW does not accept 'The Common Application' transcript requests.
Holds: If you have a ‘hold’ on your account, a transcript may not be processed. You can check for any holds through SeaNet. Holds include but are not limited to:
- Financial obligation to the University
- Failure to complete an exit interview for Student/Perkins Loan borrowers
- Default of institutional, state, or federal loan
Inclement Weather or University Holidays: Transcript requests, whether traditional or expedited, will be delayed until the next working business day. Please consult the University website for holiday schedules and inclement weather notices.
Notary services for UNCW transcripts can usually be provided upon request during business hours. The service should be requested at the time of the transcript [or replacement diploma] request.
For more information about notary, apostille, and true-copy authentication documents, please refer to the following websites:
- NC Department of the Secretary of State: Notary Services
- NC Department of the Secretary of State: Apostille Certificates
- NC Department of the Secretary of State: Authentication Certificates