Withdrawals can be necessary for any number of reasons.  There are two different categories of withdrawals.  When contemplating a withdrawal, whether one course or all courses, it is advisable to discuss your plans with your academic advisor.  Additionally, you will want to review the withdrawal deadline dates in the Office of the Registrar’s calendar of events. A W-Withdrawal still retains its attempted hours and appears on your transcript, but has no impact on your GPA.  A WF-Withdrawal Failure appears on your transcript and translates as a failure with respect to the calculation of your GPA. In addition, because of the short duration of summer school sessions, summer school charges are not refundable after the add/drop period.

Withdrawal (Single Course)

After the last day of registration and add/drop, undergraduate and graduate students may withdraw from individual classes through SeaNet, subject to the deadlines and conditions defined in their Catalogue.

Withdrawal (All Courses)

The Complete Term Withdrawal request for undergraduate students is available for the fall and spring terms and opens after the end of the drop/add period. The Complete Term Withdrawal request is located in My Seaport and must be submitted by the deadline indicated in the university calendar.

If you feel your withdrawal is due to extenuating circumstances beyond your control, please contact your academic Associate Dean. Documented extenuating circumstances may include: death of an immediate family member; traumatic and unforeseen circumstances which are considered beyond a student’s control; serious emotional instability, physical injury or illness which has resulted in the student’s inability to complete academic responsibilities in a given term. Students should note that poor standing in a course does not constitute an extenuating circumstance in and of itself. Courses withdrawn with extenuating circumstances are not included in the maximum withdrawal threshold. For additional information regarding this process, reference your academic catalog.

For questions, contact the Dean of Students' Office.
For instructions on how to process a
Complete Term Withdrawal,

Graduate students who intend to withdraw from all classes for a term must process an official withdrawal form through the Graduate School by the deadline indicated in the university calendar.

UNC Wilmington | 601 S. College Road, Wilmington NC 28403 | 910.962.3000 | About this Site | Copyright Notice | Feedback | Page maintained by:  Office of the Registrar [ registrar AT uncw DOT edu ]