Graduate Admissions Requirements
The UNCW Graduate Catalogue
The application deadline for admission in the fall semester is April 15th. In order to receive full consideration for assistantship funding, a completed application (including transcripts, recommendation letters and test scores) must be received by the Graduate School by March 15th. Students are not admitted to the program in the spring semester.
Applicants are required to submit the following to the Graduate School:
- An application for graduate admission. Apply Online
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Three recommendations by individuals in professionally relevant fields; at least two must be from academics.
- A writing sample in the form of an essay explaining how the MA in Criminology and Public Sociology may assist the candidate in meeting her or his personal goals.
- Students must have a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA.